TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last updated: 31/03/2021
Welcome to the Teoxane.com website, please read below to learn how any data shared will be processed/used across Teoxane Laboratories (SA) and their subsidiary Teoxane UK.
The Teoxane.com (hereinafter the “Site”) is operated and owned by Teoxane SA, a Swiss Company, located 105 rue de Lyon, 1203 in Geneva, Switzerland, registered with the trade and companies registered of Geneva under number CH-660-1948003-8 and TVA CHE-110.245.638. Teoxane is specialized in the design, manufacturing and marketing of hyaluronic acid-based injectable products that are used to fill wrinkles (Hereafter “TEOXANE”).
Please read these terms and conditions of use (Hereafter the “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before you start to use the Site.
By assessing or using this Site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to the Terms and Conditions. If you disagree with any part of the Terms and Conditions then you may not access the Site.
TEOXANE reserves the right to modify the Terms and Conditions at any time, so we recommend users to refer to it regularly.
The information provided on this Site is for general informational and educational purposes and is intended for all audiences: healthcare professionals and general public.
The information available is intended to improve, rather than replace, the relationship between the patient and the healthcare professional.
Limitation of liability
TEOXANE makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information provided through this Site is accurate and up to date but makes no warranties or representations of any kind as to its accuracy, currency or completeness. You agree that access to and use of this Site and the content thereof is at your own risk. TEOXANE reserves the right to modify the content of the Site at any time and with no prior notice.
The materials in the Site and all other sites are provided “as is”, without any kind of warranty, whether express or implied. TEOXANE does not offer any express or implied warranty relative without limitation to their merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
TEOXANE assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, viruses that may infect your equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, image, video, audio from the Site.
The publication Director is Mrs Valérie Taupin.
The Site is hosting by:
Net4all SA - Hébergement web et Solutions IT pour les PME
Chemin du Dévent 7, 1024 Ecublens, SWITZERLAND
Tél. +41 840 638 42 55
All intellectual property rights (including trademarks, trade names, logo, patent, copyright…) in the material on this Site are owned by TEOXANE, or they have been granted permission to use such material except where specifically stated otherwise. Reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than in accordance with the following permissions or without a formal written approval from TEOXANE.
You may download and copy the material on this website for your non-commercial personal use, but only if you acknowledge the Site as the source of the material and include the copyright statement “© TEOXANE, all rights reserved”. Unless specifically indicated, no other use of the material contained is the Site is permitted.
Nothing contained in this Site should be construed as conferring any licence or right under any intellectual property (including patents, trademarks and copyright) of TEOXANE or any third party.
TEOXANE claims no ownership in, nor any affiliation with, any third-party trademarks appearing on this Site. Such third-party trademarks are used only to identify the products and services of their respective owners, and no sponsorship or endorsement on the part of TEOXANE should be inferred from the use of these marks.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by Sites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make Sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the Site. Cookies that are used by this Site are necessary in order for us to provide and improve upon our value added products and services and to remain competitive. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.
Cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Site. Certain cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website and saving items to a shopping basket.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often and if they receive error messages. They are used to improve how a website works in future versions.
These cookies will identify your local preference such as user name, language or region you are in and provide a more enhanced personal experience.
Targeting or advertising
These cookies are used to deliver content more relevant to you and your interests.
For more information about cookies, including how they are installed and how you can manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Hyperlinks to other websites
Information on the products
The information contained and broadcast on the Site may contain direct or indirect references to products, programs and services of TEOXANE which are not proposed or available in certain countries or regions, or which may be offered under a different trademark, and which may be subject to different regulations and conditions of use according to the country. TEOXANE makes no representation that material in the Site is appropriate or available for use outside of the territory of the intended audience. Such references do not imply any intention on the part of Teoxane to sell these products, programs or services in your country. Please consult the local Teoxane subsidiary or your Teoxane commercial partner for any information concerning the products, programs and services which are available in your region / country. In addition, nothing on this Site should be construed as providing any kind of medical advice or any recommendation, and should not be relied on as the basis for any decision or action. Medical advice should always be sought from a qualified medical practitioner.
TEOXANE respects the privacy of its Site visitors. Most of our services do not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit our Site without telling us who you are. However, some services may require you to provide us with personal data. In these situations, if you choose to withhold any personal data requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of the site and for us to respond to your query.
If you need to register to use the Site, or complete an online form (e.g. to obtain email updates or ask us to send you further information, create an account…), then we may collect personal data about you such as:
- Email address
- Country of residence and address
- Occupation (for example, if you are a Healthcare Professional seeking information about Our products)
- Login and account information
- IP address
This information is used by TEOXANE to administer the Site, register you for any services you have signed up to and respond to any queries or requests for information you may have.
Teoxane is responsible for the processing of personal data collected through the Site.
Whenever we process personal data, we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is kept accurate and up-to date for the purposes for which it was collected.
TEOXANE may disclose your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- Our staff and members of TEOXANE group
- Third party services providers which process your personal data on behalf of TEOXANE
- regulators, governments and law enforcement authorities
Finally, if you decide to send an e-mail to one of the contact addresses indicated on the website, Teoxane may be required to process your information and any information you have communicated in order to respond to your request. The data will be used only for the purpose of replying to you as effectively as possible.
In accordance with data protection regulation, you have the right to have access, to rectification and erasure of your personal data, restriction of processing, to object to processing and/or the right to data portability. To do this, simply make a request to:
To do this, simply make a request to:
- On line at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post at: TEOXANE SA. Rue de Lyon, 105, 1203 Geneva, Switzerland
TEOXANE operates internationally and will transfer your information to countries outside of your country and outside the European Economic Area, including Switzerland.
We will keep your personal data for the period required by law. Otherwise, we keep your personal information for as long needed to provide you with access to services you have requested or, when you have contacted TEOXANE, for as long necessary to allow us to respond your question.
Each time your consent is needed, you will be clearly informed and you will be able to withdrawn your consent at any time by sending an email to email@example.com or to unsubscribe directly from our website.
You have the right to appeal to a national supervisory authority, or to the Federal Officer for Data Protection in Switzerland in the event of a breach of the regulations governing the protection of personal data.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. We encourage you to review this privacy notice periodically.
Rue de Lyon, 105 - 1203 Geneva Switzerland
+41 (0) 22 344 96 36
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The Site and its content are governed by the Laws of Switzerland. All disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the use of the Site and its content will come under the competence of Swiss Courts.
TEOXANE UK Privacy Notice
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 18 years of age.
Teoxane UK Limited is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Teoxane UK Limited
Postal address: 79-80 Shrivenham Hundred Business Park, Majors Road, Watchfield, SN6 8TY
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
- Sensitive Data We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at email@example.com. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
We may also receive data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations,we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Other companies in our group who provide services to us.
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Credit reference agencies where a credit account is applied for.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We share your personal data within our group of companies which involves transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.